Updated: Jul 12, 2021
1. Sit by your window or on your balcony and spend some quality time in nature.
When you do this, be observant of the little things happening around you - the chirping of birds, a random wave of air, the rustling of leaves, blossomed flowers, the color of the sky, etc.
2. Make a DIY face mask and apply it.
The simple ingredients in your kitchen do wonders for the face. I have been using these for years, and it has worked for me luxuriously.
A few of the things I use: a) Gram flour + milk + honey. Make a paste, apply on your face and wash it off with water after 10 minutes. b) Yoghurt + Lemon juice. The process of using this is the same as above. c) Gently rub your skin with cucumber slices.
3. Help your mother with chores.
4. Delete all the junk data from your mobile phone/personal computer. (Especially unwanted screenshots/ images/ videos)
5. Read good books. Join a book club if you want to interact with people and discuss the plot and characters and get another perspective on what you read.
6. Make a pandemic bucket list and start working on it.
I have been adding new things to my list now and then. One of which was learning to wear a saree. (But then I got bored with the process and I dropped the idea. I'm glad I explored it though)
7. Take a stroll (wearing a mask) in your locality.
8. Read blogs on a niche you are interested in. (Like the one you are reading now).
9. Listen to podcasts.
10. Prepare a list of Indian cultural foods and cook recipes with it.
11. Adopt or baby-sit a plant. Go ahead, give it a name. Become its parent.
12. Relax (physically & mentally) and do nothing. Take a short nap if required.
13. Rinse your mouth with a mixture of salt and warm water. (Has to be done only once a day)
14. Do Yoga.
15. Give yourself an oil-free scalp massage or ask someone to do it for you. Comb your hair well.
16. Eat a handful of dry fruits.